Making preparations during pregnancy doesn't just stop at the birth. Allow us to assist your postpartum transition by creating a plan for your needs your first 6 weeks.
**This service is offered virtually or In home without labor support**
Single 2-3 hour prenatal visit
- Discuss your health, birth history, and goals for your initial postpartum period based on current birth plans.
- I will educate you and your partner in how to create a positive healing environment
- Review questions to ask your provider prior to birth
- Identify your specific needs for the postpartum and maintaining household responsibilities
- Emotional and physical recovery after birth
- Address facilitating meal times, how to promote rest and an overall comfortable environment
- Education and encouragement for your partner and support circle on how to be most effective in their roles
- Needs for you and baby during the first 6 weeks.
- Review possible challenges you may encounter during the first 6 weeks
- Suggest additional resources to promote postpartum healing
- Teaching birth Comfort Measures to you and your partner (additional fee if virtual)
- Advise support person in ways to assist during postpartum and red flags to be aware of
- Address care of newborn the first 6 weeks after birth (bathing, diapering, feeding, sleeping, etc)
- Finalization of a customized postpartum plan you may keep as a reference for yourself and share with your support team who will be present for your postpartum stage
- Assistance with making changes to your plan as needed until your birth
- Postpartum doula follow up by phone to discuss your transition to postpartum and any additional need for referrals
**Save when you combine with our Help Yourself Toolkit**